211 E. Broadway
This building was first constructed as a brick warehouse in 1908.
Soon after, the building was remodeled to serve as the first home of the Randolph County Bank. The old bank alarm can still be seen on the north side of the front of the building. The bank moved to a newly constructed building directly across Broadway Street (north) a few years later.
In 1938, Marion Futrell from Paragould, Arkansas, moved to Pocahontas and opened the hardware store that has occupied this building ever since. In 1947, the hardware became a Western Auto dealership. Western Auto Supply Company was a specialty retail chain of stores that supplied automobile parts and accessories. It operated approximately 1200 stores across the United States. The store remained affiliated with Western Auto until 1988 when that company was purchased by Sear, Roebuck and Co. The store was then operated as Futrell’s Hardware (Byron and Francis Futrell, owners), until the Futrell’s retirement in 2022.