Living in a county rich in Arkansas history, we are a group of Randolph County residents dedicated to saving our area’s historic architecture and traditions.
Noteworthy Randolph County “Firsts” in the State of Arkansas
- First Grist Mill – Demun Mill on Mill Creek, before 1800.
- First Ferry – Hix Ferry on Current River, 1802.
- Arkansas’ first planned town – Davidsonville, 1815
- First Court – held at the home of Solomon Hewitt, west of Davidsonville, 1815.
- First U. S. Post Office – Davidsonville, 1817.
- First School – Ravenden Springs-1817.
- First Methodist Circuit Rider – Eli Lindsey, 1817.
- First Baptist Church – Columbia–1818.
- First Courthouse – Davidsonville, 1820.
- First U. S, Land Office – Davidsonville, 1820.
- First Masonic Lodge – Brakebill, 1828.
- First Circus Performance – Pitman, 1838.